Sandwich Guildhall, built in 1579, holds the administration offices of the Town Clerk as well as an extensive library containing significant historical archival material relating to the history of Sandwich and Kent. The Guildhall Museum charts the town’s past from early medieval times with illustrated panels and artefacts dating back to the 13th century, including photographs of the nearby port of Richborough (a vital supply route during WW1). The Roll of Honour covers obituaries published in the East Kent Mercury during WW1 and the paper’s circulation in the local area.
Further information can be found at:http://www.sandwichtowncouncil.gov.uk/guildhall/museum.htm
Opening times: 1 April – 30 November: Tues, Weds, Fri & Sat 10.30 – 12.30, 14.00 – 16.00, Thurs & Sun 14.00 – 16.00